Thursday, October 15, 2009

Suggestions to TMNT 2011 #1: Challenge The Teenagers Market


I have seen that TMNT haven't received good respond since the introduction of TMNT 2003 TV series and TMNT 2007 film. I know TMNT originally was target at teenager and adult market (the comics book), but because of the introduction of classical and famous TMNT 1987 TV series which was target at children market, so many people wrongly think that TMNT is "belongs to children" until today.

For me, why TMNT 2003 TV series cannot go famous, because its story, I can only say "too serious and violence for children and too childish for teenagers", it means that this TV series seemed like didn't suitable for any classes of age, so as the 2007 movie (because it is also an animated film besides the above reason). My sixth sense tell me TMNT will going to "extinct" in Malaysia in 2010 until TMNT 2011.

Through the history, I saw TMNT has been divided into two classes: Comics fans (teenagers and adults) and Cartoon fans (children). In 2003 TV series, you (you for author and company) make the storyline is loyal to comic (serious and violence), but you added some children elements far-fetched into the story to attract the children. Don't think this will attract both children and teenagers to watch but it will bring negative effects. If you want to target children market, why added too many serious and violence elements into the story? You should only focus at childish story (children market) or serious story (teenagers market).

But this is not the important point I want to talk now. The era is changed, the teenagers even the children nowadays are more likely to violence and somehow serious story. So, I suggest you should try to challenge the teenagers market, because the teenagers markets nowadays is big. Don't be hesitating, make a PG-13 storyline for TMNT 2011! Trust me, it will bring many advantages!




No comments: